- Fiction - Verdigris Deep, by Frances Hardinge
- Non-Fiction - The Coffee-House, by Markman Ellis
- Film - The Queen
- Music - Glière's Third Symphony at Prom 8
- Exhibition - Canaletto in England at Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Food - probably some of the seafood in Venice (but definitely not the menu turistica)
- Drink - Red - Wolf Blass Presidents (sic) Selection [again], White - probably one of the anonymous vina casa in Venice
Other highlights include: on the book front, A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian; on the music front, Schoenberg's orchestration of Brahms' First Piano Quartet, Mahler's Tenth Symphony, Brass Day, and of course the Last Night of the Proms; on exhibitions and attractions, Blackwell in the Lake District, and Hogarth and the Terracotta Army in London.