I did a little research and decided on the handset and tariff I wanted, only to find that the O2 shop was advertising the same deal at a completely different (and more expensive) rate. So I decided I would upgrade on-line. This only involved trying to discover my O2 username (it turns out I had two, and with some difficult persuaded the site to merge them) and password, fighting with the postcode checker for delivery to work, and battling a staggering number of error pages. If I'm lucky it might turn up on Thursday with my name on it, but I'll hardly be surprised if it turns out not to be that simple.
And I could have done without discovering the VAT "place of supply" changes for 2015 that mean every one of our sites at work will have to offer tax rates for all 28 member states, rather than one each.