- Fiction - The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith
- Non-Fiction - Berlin: The Downfall 1945, by Antony Beevor
- Film - Good Bye Lenin!
- Concert - Alfred Brendel's final Prom
- Guided Tour - The Library and Astronomical Tower at the Klementinum, Prague
- Exhibition - Russian Landscapes in the Age of Tolstoy, at the National Gallery
- Food - U Maltézských rytířů (The Maltese Knights) - just a gnat's crotchet ahead of the Hanavský pavilón - both Prague
Some notable mentions also for Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe, Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11, The Prague Brass Ensemble and organist Aleš Barta at the St Nicholas Church, Old Town Square, Prague, and the guided tour of St Pancras Chambers.
There ought to be a drink category, but unfortunately I can't remember the name of the Tunisian red wine I came across in Sainsbury's. Wolf Blass Cabernet Sauvignon, Penfold's Rawson's Retreat, and a number of other Shirazes, Merlots, and Malbecs have assisted in careful evaluations. The rhubarb wine from Hampton Court was ... interesting.