This week, in an attempt not to buy more books, I have ... errm ... acquired the following
- Rough Guides for Vienna, Budapest, and Belgium & Luxembourg
- The European Dream by Jeremy Rifkin
- Inside the Third Reich by Albert Speer
- Memories by Andrei Gromyko
- Inside the House of Commons by John Biffen
Admittedly, I can lay some responsibility for the last two at kharin's door, for detouring into the Oxfam bookshop on our way to the Reading farmers' market this morning, where I acquired the following:
- 2 x Pheasant Pie
- Lamb and Mint Sausages
- a bronze fennel plant
It's the first time I have been, and though I was disappointed there didn't seem to be any venison or boar on offer it wasn't at all bad; maybe I should try the one in Woodley (very convenient from work) when it's next on as well. kharin was a bit disapproving of the rook on offer, though, and neither of us much fancied the brawn.
So no, I am not spending unnecessarily at all ...